Monday, January 19, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook

Monday, January 19, 2009

Outside my window...

blue skies, 75° and still getting warmer, a bit windy but a beautiful day.

I am thinking...
that the kids will be here soon, and I need to unload the dishwasher and put the clothes from the washer into the dryer.

I am thankful for...
this gorgeous day.

From the kitchen...

I had a pastrami sandwich, a few potato chips, blackberry yogurt and peach tea for lunch earlier.

I am wearing...
denim capris, a brown v-neck tee, bare feet.

I am creating...
not me, but Ron, is creating a cabinet for me using the glass sidelights from our old front door. He is making it from some cedar that he already had. The sidelights will be the front part of the cabinet doors. I know it will be beautiful. I'll keep Reece's homeschool books and supplies in it.

I have been...
to Adoration with Mom. We didn't go out to lunch today. I took her some leftovers and heated them for her when we got back to her place.

I am hoping...
to get Mom's house in Kansas on the market soon.

I am hearing...
the wind rattling the screen on the window. Otherwise, it is quiet.

Around the house...
Ron will go back to work tomorrow (he's been off for 4 days), and I'm going to reorganize our bedroom, our closet, and our bathroom. Too much clutter!

One of my favorite things...
the ocean.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
the reorganization I mentioned, work on baby blanket, buy new stove top (no, I still haven't done that).

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...





One of the doors in progress. The blue looking squares are tinted glass. It doesn't look so dark when the light is shining through. I liked the sidelights on the old door, so I asked the construction guys to save them for me when they replaced the door. (Our home was broken into last spring and the door and frame damaged).







To see other daybooks, or start your own, see Peggy at A Simple Woman's Daybook.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Oh, that glass is gorgeous! How wonderful to be able to use it and have a keepsake. You are blessed to have a husband with the talent.

Sarah - Kala said...

Pretty glass!! I love that you are recylcing it to continue seeing it's beauty.