Thursday, January 29, 2009

My Fascinating Life--NOT

I slept late today and can't believe it is 4:30 already! That's what happens when Ron is out of town and I turn on the television when I go to bed. I was up half the night watching old Law and Order re-runs and knitting a bit. Oh, and untangling yarn.

I stopped at Whataburger on the way to Mom's today, and got chicken strips with fries, Texas toast and gravy for our lunch. Yeah, unhealthy, but tasty. And we had diet Cokes. ;o) Then we took Chuy for a walk, stopped to visit with one of her neighbors (another dog walker), and enjoyed the beautiful weather. I'm so glad she has Chuy. Not only is she crazy about him, but because of him she gets out and about every day, at least for a little while. So many of her elderly neighbors rarely go outside, and that can't be good for them.

I left there about 1:30, came by the house for half an hour, then ran some errands. And Mom needed a few groceries, so I did a little shopping. Of course I wound up buying more than what I went for; that always seems to happen. :o\

I have everything put away, and Mom's bags of groceries are sitting in the entryway so that I won't forget to take them to her tomorrow. (Except for her coffee creamer, which is in the fridge and will probably be forgotten in the morning). I'm sitting here eating Cajun Trail Mix that I got in the check-out line. I'm as bad as the little kids. If I have to stand there for long, I always find something to put into my basket. Oh well, at least it's not M&Ms. :o)

Ron will be home tomorrow afternoon, and I haven't reorganized the bedroom or our closet as I had planned to do while he is gone. I'm the world's worst procrastinator.

And that's how my day has gone so far. Hope yours has been a good one!

2 comments:

Linda said...

You cannot be the world's worst procrastinator; I AM!!

I like reading about you caring for your mom. Thanks for sharing.

Kalona said...

Linda, I'm glad to know I'm not alone in my procrastination. :o) Thank you for letting me know you enjoy my little "mom" stories.