Monday, January 26, 2009

Catholics Live Here Picture Mosaic























































Mexican tin icon of Jesus' Face on Veronica's Veil from the flea market in my little closet chapel.
Mexican tin mission church from Goodwill on the bar in the family room.
Rosaries hanging on Ron's dresser.
Kids books from thrift store, Catholic Treasure Box.
Holy water font inside front door, gift Ron brought back from his travels.
Iron cross on fireplace mantel.
Holy cards on bulletin board in my office.
Catholic book shelf in my office.
Stack of books on a chair in my office.
Wall crosses in the family room.
Rosaries on my dresser beside the bed.
Kitchen madonna at the kitchen sink.
1962 Roman Missal on my desk.
OLPH in the hallway.
Fun with camera when home alone. :o)
There's more pics, but it messed up the "arrangement" when I tried to add them. Oh well. :o)

2 comments:

Linda said...

Don't you get a wonderful feeling when a stranger, such as a repair man, comes in your home and smiles at the sight of your sacramentals? I want my home to always say "Catholics live here, and so does God!"
I have been told that we should have a crucifix in every room. I think I have few more to add....

Kalona said...

Linda, I do like it when people notice our sacramentals. It's a silent witness to our Catholic faith.

I also need more crucifixes. We have one at the top of the stairs, one in the family room and one in my little chapel, but none in the bedrooms, living room or dining room. Antique stores sometimes have nice big crucifixes at good prices.