Thursday, January 15, 2009

I Don't Want To

Take down my Christmas lights. Christmastide has ended, and it's time to take them down, but I've really loved our tall Christmas tree and the colored lights on the stairs this year. I'll leave the Nativity out until this weekend, though, because I'm doing a lesson with Reece about Epiphany (yeah, we're behind).

Go to the grocery store. We need food, but I hate grocery shopping and keep putting it off. Poor Ron had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for dinner last night. I went to the commissary with Mom a few days ago, so I feel like I've done my grocery shopping. But I haven't.

Have my thyroid destroyed. I finally made the appointment, after procrastinating for three weeks. I know it needs to be done, but it doesn't sound right to destroy a gland on purpose, does it? But my joint and muscle aches are worse than ever, my insomnia is no better, and my voice is getting more and more hoarse. Because of the radioactivity, I can't be around people for a certain period (I've read everything from 3 days to 10 days), and that's going to be hard for me since I love holding my grandbabies. But the appointment is February 4.

Okay, that's my whiny post for the month. :o)

4 comments:

Sarah - Kala said...

You have my prayers!! I know several folks (including a cousin of mine) who have lived to tell after destroying theirs so I have every confidence you'll pull through as well as anyone else. I can imagine separation from you grandkids is terrible mean, but you'll have more energy when it's done! God bless you!

X said...

I feel so bad for you! You are in my prayers!

Kalona said...

Sarah and Angela, thank you so much for your prayers. I shouldn't be whining because I know this is going to make me feel better. Sarah, I can't wait to have energy again!

Sarah - Kala said...

BTW, I also loathe grocery shopping (may have mentioned it on my blog, but I say it all the time to anyone w/in earshot when I'm going to go . . . argh).