Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy Weekend

We are having spring-like weather in South Texas, so the grandkids have played outside the past two days. Yesterday Ron and I took five of them for a walk around the block. We brought along the wagon in case the two littlest ones got tired, but they both walked most of the way. Our little crowd of kiddos caused a lot of people driving by on our busy side street to slow down and look, and a couple of neighbors stopped to talk to us. :o)

After our walk, they played in the backyard until nearly sundown. Even after the others went inside, Reece wanted to stay out. He loves being outdoors more than anything else. He finally agreed to go in when I bribed him with a cookie and reminded him that he had lots of playmates in the house.

Tonight I made chocolate chip cookies. Ron, Jason, Caelen and Kismette are playing a board game in the dining room, Jacob is playing with the Wii, and Lys and Lily are making paper snowflakes. They found the directions in a book Great-Gran gave Lyssa for Christmas, The Big Book of Crafts.

While they slept this morning, I cleaned up the kitchen for the umpteenth time, swept the floor, and vacuumed and picked up clutter in the family room. I love having them here, but chaos makes me grouchy. I felt much happier when things were set to rights. :o)

Hope you're all having a great weekend!

No comments: