Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sunday Summary

It's been a lovely, busy Sunday. Reece stayed overnight last night, and having him here when I wake up is always a happy start to my day. I dropped him off at home on the way to Mom's, was at her place until around 12:30, then met my daughter Kelly for Dog Days at the Botanical Gardens at 1 PM.

Darcy and Banzai loved exploring the Gardens and meeting lots of other dogs. They were so good. In fact, all of the dogs we saw were very well behaved. One lady said that since none of them lived there, no one was territorial, and that was true. They were just curious and eager to meet one another. :o)

The Gardens were beautiful, even in mid-winter. There were lots of things blooming--roses, pansies, snapdragons. Our favorite part of the Gardens is the Japanese Garden. We went back there to sit for awhile after we had been through the whole thing. Because that is her favorite garden, Kelly has done some research about it and discovered some interesting things. I'll ask her for permission to share her pics and commentary here.

This evening, Ron, Mom and I went to Our Lady of the Atonement for the Novus Ordo Latin Mass, which I absolutely love. The Mass is always done beautifully, and I'm crazy about the schola. They are so good, their chant sounds like a CD. The picture above is the Our Lady of the Atonement shrine, which is near the altar.

Atonement's priest, Father Phillips, is leading a pilgrimage to the Holy Land this week. Visiting priest, Father Peter Stravinskas celebrated Mass tonight; he had a wonderful homily! (More about his homily in another post).

After Mass we stopped to eat at Alamo Cafe (chiles rellenos--yum!), then took Mom home. It was 9 PM by the time we got home.

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

What a wonderful day. Thank you for telling us about it. I really like simple "slice of life" posts where I get a peek into the lives of others. (and chili rellenos are my favorite too. I make them at home - they're actually pretty easy to make - just time consuming)