Wednesday, January 21, 2009

R is for Reece

I love getting new school supplies to help Reece learn. :o) I got the Dick and Jane books at Borders on sale, the letter train puzzle and a package of flash cards at WalMart, and the magnetic letters, the counting bears, more flash cards and some pencil grips at a wonderful little store called the Education Shop.

Reece knows most of his letters already, but our unit this week is about the alphabet. We are working on letter sounds and recognizing his name.

One of his tasks yesterday was to place the letters of his name in Alpha-Bits underneath his printed out name on a paper plate. He had no problem with that one, but kept wanting to eat the Alpha-Bits. :o)

We're both enjoying the lessons. It's fun for him because he thinks we are just playing. And it's fun for me because we are playing, but I can see the little wheels turning as he learns.

1 comment:

Therese said...

It is exciting to get new gear for them. Today I picked up Tom and Amelia's books for the year. I am really looking forward to teaching them. Some lessons I learn just as much as them.