Thursday, January 29, 2009

Kelly's Haiku

Haiku of the Japanese Red Maple

Spring breezes caress --
Three generations of woman
hug a Momiji.

Gran, mom and I visited the botanical gardens last spring. I wrote the haiku above while looking at the picture I took of this Japanese red maple and remembering the three of us enjoying the day with each other and nature. Momiji means red maple in Japanese (Acer palmatum).

This portion of the botanical gardens is one of my favorites and is called Kumamoto En, which is the Japanese sister city of San Antonio.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I mentioned in another post that the Japanese Garden is our favorite spot at the Botanical Gardens in San Antonio. This is my daughter's picture, commentary and haiku that I mentioned, posted here with her permission. She makes me happy. :o)

2 comments:

Sarah - Kala said...

My fav Japanese gardens are in Spokane, WA and in the Buchart Gardens in Vancouver, Canada B.C. Gorgeous. They are so serene.

Kalona said...

I've never been to Spokane or Vancouver, Sarah, but if I ever go I'll be sure to visit your favorite Japanese gardens.