Thursday, January 8, 2009

I Love Texas

Because we never have this where I live.













Today I have been doing this.














But outside it is nearly 80°, so while the clothes washed I went outside with my trusty Sony Cybershot and snapped a few pics in my bare feet. I took a picture of my feet to show that it really is that warm, but they are too ugly for the internet.

Leaves in the pool.














My asparagus fern in the dormant (for the most part) flower garden.














And a mighty tough begonia is still blooming there, too!














My mother's day hibiscus is blooming, again.














I have two green peppers growing on the patio.














And lots of patio tomatoes, although the plant has about had it.














The river birch has lost all its leaves, but the fan palm is growing and the grass is still green.


















And yet, it really is January 8, mid-winter. See, I still have my Christmas poinsettias inside.














But Texas weather is wild and crazy, so even though it is warm and summery right now, it will be cold again by the weekend, with a low of 35° on Saturday.

Okay, back to the laundry.

4 comments:

regan said...

thanks for visiting.
we have had some snow here too, but the last few days have been warm, warm, warm! we are drinking iced tea and looking at hummingbirds in our citrus trees.
ahhhh....that's good 'ol CA for you. i look forward to reading more about you, but i, too am doing TONS of laundry and dishes today!
God bless and happy new year.

Kalona said...

Hi regan, sounds like your weather is as perfect as ours has been the past couple of days. I appreciate your visit and comment. :o)

Sarah - Kala said...

As you know, I'll be living on Oahu in a few short months for three years . . . year round lovely weather will be a new one for me. I'm so looking forward to it!! I hear the air there is floral and sea scented and I can't wait!

Kalona said...

You will love the weather there, Sarah. Cold there is 60°, and the kids will wear their ski jackets with their flipflops and long shorts. :o) And that doesn't happen very often. The rain is usually soft and short, and there are lots of rainbows. I will never, ever forget a moonrise I saw on my way home from church one evening. The moon was directly in front of me over the highway, and it was orange and enormous. Hawaii is beautiful, but it does have its down side, too.