Thursday, January 1, 2009

A Great Start To A New Year

It's been a crazy busy fun day today. :o)

This morning the house was full of sleeping grandchildren. Reece spent the night, and was delighted to find Caelen asleep on the couch in our bedroom last night. He laughed a belly laugh when he saw Caelen sleeping there.

Reece slept with me and Papa, and woke up this morning to see Jacob peeking in the door, trying to find him. I love, love, love seeing the two of them playing together.

Ron and I went to Mass at noon, then picked up Mom and brought her back here for the day. Ron smoked the brisket on the grill and we had mashed potatoes, and broccoli and cauliflower with it. The brisket was a big hit with everyone; even the kids wanted seconds.

After dinner we opened presents, then the adult kids played a game together, Mom and I cleaned the kitchen, and the Grands played outside or upstairs. Mom even tried her hand at playing a game on the Wii the kids got for Christmas. :o)

Now Mom, Kelly and Mike and Josh, Cyrise and family have gone home, the other adults are watching Batman and the Grands just had chocolate ice cream sundaes. And I'm tired.

What a great start to 2009!

4 comments:

Therese said...

sounds like a wonderful day Kalona. I love the picture of your living room. It looks very homey.

Kalona said...

Thanks, Therese. The living room is a bit bare, though. It's missing the couch! :o) I gave it away and can't talk Ron and Josh into carrying the old one in our bedroom down. I don't blame them. It's heavy and awkward to get down the stairs. But I do need a couch in there. We don't use that room much, but are always in the family room at the back of the house instead. (That's where the TV is).

Linda said...

How wonderful! Thank you for sharing.
I, too, like your living room, especially the wonderful bay.

Kalona said...

Thank you, Linda. :o)