Monday, March 16, 2009

Third Sunday In Lent

I'm a day late in posting this.

We see Jesus today in open conflict with Satan and his works. So also during Lent, which is a time when the struggle against the old man is more intense, should we "live as children of the light," performing actions good, just and true.
(The Roman Missal, 1962)

Sunday's gospel reading is from St. Luke 11. 14-28, which tells how Jesus casts out a demon from a dumb (unable to speak) man and how Jesus responds to the crowd who either believe he does it through Beelzebub or who need a sign from Heaven to prove it. Jesus tells them that they either believe that the Kingdom of God has come upon them, or they are against Him.

Before Mass yesterday, as I was kneeling in prayer, the server came out to light the candles, people were gathering, and I felt so at home. It was nice. Later, reading the Communion Psalm, it seemed to be just for me.

Psalm 83. 4,5
The sparrow hath found herself a house, and the turtle a nest, where she may lay her young ones: Thine altars, O Lord of hosts, my King, and my God: blessed are they that dwell in Thy house, they shall praise Thee for ever and ever.

Last night as I was googling the TLM, I found a website about the Latin Mass in San Antonio, and pictures of our church and priests. That is Fr. Kloster in the picture above.

No comments: