Wednesday, March 18, 2009

One Of Those Days

It's been a pleasant day here (sort of). Our weather is gorgeous. Reece stayed overnight and was so sweet and funny. Mom seems to be coping with Chuy's absence a little better. And I got all my filing done this afternoon.

Do you get overwhelmed by the sheer volume of paper that comes into your house? I can't believe how much we get, and how it piles up, or the time it takes to deal with it all. Even if I do some every day (which I usually don't), it still seems like way too much!

Today there was a letter and a bill from Mom's pharmacy in the mail, saying her insurance had refused to pay for one of her prescriptions because it was filled too soon. Either the pharmacy made an error, or I called in the wrong medicine in November. I knew I had two bottles of one kind, but I didn't think about it causing a problem until now. I remember calling the prescription in, and when I picked it up, it wasn't what I thought I'd ordered. But since Mom would need it eventually, I wasn't worried about it. The next day I just called in the correct prescription. She still has the extra pills. I've been trying all afternoon to get it straightened out, calling the pharmacy, their headquarters, her insurance company and the social security office, and no one has helped. It's very frustrating.

And I found out we are overdrawn at the bank. :o( I should have been watching it more closely, because I knew we had spent way more than usual because of Chuy's hospitalization and my car repair. When it rains, it pours.

Reece kept a smile on my face this morning, though. He kept calling me "baby," and when I would suggest something to him, he would say, "okie okie." :o) (Okie Dokie). In the car on the way to Mom's, he wanted me to sing "Little red 'boose." I sang kiddie songs all the way there, and sometimes he sang along. :o) He is so much fun. He had Mom laughing, too.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Beleive me, I understand!