Sunday, March 22, 2009

Cruising Around SA

It was fun to spend time with my sister and nephew this weekend.

Today we went to Twin Sisters in Alamo Heights for breakfast, then to the Japanese Tea Garden. Mom had never been there, either, and they all thought it was pretty. My sister said she has a painting of the Tea Garden that she got from a friend's estate sale. Now that she has seen the real place, the painting will have even more meaning for her.

After that, we drove downtown to look at the Grand Hyatt hotel because my sister's daughter (my extremely talented niece) was the designer. That's the lobby in the picture above. We thought it was beautiful. I especially liked the lighting, but the furniture and wall decor was wonderful, too.

We drove by the Alamo as we left downtown, and got back to Mom's around 2PM. I came on home, but saw my sister and nephew one more time when they stopped on the way out of town.

Mom and I will go to Mass this evening. I hope we didn't tire her out too much, walking around at the Japanese Garden, and again at the hotel. She has a couple of hours to rest before Mass.

No comments: