Sunday, March 22, 2009

Saturday Summary

My sister and her son arrived early Saturday afternoon. They were eager to meet Mom's new little companion, so we went to the animal shelter to visit him straightaway. They thought he was wonderful. :o) We enjoyed spending some time with him. Mom even took him out on a leash for a short walk, which Teddy loved. She is so excited about bringing him home on Wednesday.

After our visit with Teddy, we had hamburgers and fries at Chester's, then went to see Reece, Aubrey and Josh at their house. Cyrise was napping, not feeling very well, but we had fun playing with the kids and talking with Josh.

Since Ron is going out of town tomorrow, I came home around 5PM to spend some time with him. My sister called about 7PM to say that they had eaten the chicken Mom had in the crock pot for dinner, and would stop by for awhile if that was okay. They were wondering what to have for dessert. I told her that I was making another raisin bread pudding, and they were welcome to come have some.

We spent a pleasant evening in my kitchen. They sat at the kitchen counter while I made the pudding, talking and laughing and reading through a copy of the cookbook I made for my daughter and daughters-in-law for Christmas. We enjoyed the bread pudding with cups of coffee laced with sweetened condensed milk, a tip from my internet friend, Karen. Thanks, Faux. :o)

Ron showed them the cabinet he is making, and they were duly impressed. :o) It is coming along and looks beautiful. The woodworking keeps getting interrupted by these out of town trips, though.

Sleepy. Time for bed.

No comments: