Monday, March 30, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook

March 30, 2009

Outside my window...
a warm, sunny day. The grass has turned pale green in the field across the street, and the new live oak leaves are pushing off the old ones, making a big mess on the ground. It's Spring!

I am thinking...
that I'm glad to be home after spending the entire afternoon at a diabetes class at BAMC. What a wasted day. There are 3 classes, and I've already taken the first 2, so today was really a review for me. I started out doing so well, taking control of my diabetes, but over the past 2 years I've slipped back into some old habits, so the class was probably a good reminder for me about how important it is to stay healthy. Okay, I guess it wasn't a total waste.

I am thankful...
for nagging diabetes counselors. ;o)

From the kitchen...
a glass of peach iced tea the minute I walked in the door.

I am wearing...
jeans, a fitted black shirt with 3/4 sleeves, barefoot because I took my shoes and socks off as soon as I got home, zircon earrings.

I am creating...
still nothing shaking in the creativity department.

I am going...
to the grocery store later this evening. We need stuff and so does Mom.

I am hoping...
Ron won't mind going out for dinner tonight.

I am hearing...
I'm listening to my playlist on the pop-out player. Right now I'm hearing the last song on the list, Seal's version of Change Gonna Come. Not as good as the original, but still nice.

Around the house...
the pool looks like a frog pond. Ron brushed it yesterday, but we need to put in some chemicals. It won't be long until we'll be using it a lot.

One of my favorite things...
little bouquets of wild flowers. Mom and I took Teddy for a walk this morning, and I picked some to put in Mom's crystal bud vase--they looked so pretty on her kitchen counter--larkspur, primrose, black-eyed susans and some others.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
drive Cyrise to her doctor appointment tomorrow, I'll probably have Reece tomorrow night, I have a doctor appointment on Thursday with the orthopedist to see if they can figure out what these weird hard lumps are in the palms of my hands. It's probably nothing, but who knows? I'm falling apart in my old age. :o)

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...
















Please visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook to read the daybooks of other bloggers.

No comments: