Saturday, March 14, 2009

Girls Day Out

I got my car back this morning, repairs all done and running great.

Ahlyssa and Lily went with me to Gran's. We had planned to do some thrift store shopping, so we asked Gran if she would like to go with us, and she did.

We stopped at two thrift stores and enjoyed browsing for "treasures." We didn't find much, but it was fun. The girls got a little ceramic animal at each store, Mom got Aubrey a sweet little outfit, I got a Mother Goose book, a couple of little dresses for Aubrey, and a funky tin enameled plate with a lobster on it (or it could be a large crawfish).

After shopping. I let the girls decide where to have lunch, and they wanted Whataburger. There is one not far from Mom's place, so we went there. Mom loves Whataburger's hamburgers. :o) She enjoyed the girls' chatter during lunch.

When we drove into the parking lot at the apartments, Mom said that she didn't want to go home. I asked if she wanted to come home with us, but she said no, that she would have to get used to coming home and Chuy not being there. Once inside, she said that she would have to get another little dog. My sister will be here next week, so maybe we can go looking then. I hate to see Mom feeling so lonely, but I don't want her to rush into anything, either.

Lys and I went to Hobby Lobby this afternoon for colored pencils to finish the poster she has been working on for school. She is almost finished with it. We also got some air dry clay so that she can try making a sculpture of Michelangelo's David (just his head) for extra credit.

Ron is going to drive the kids to meet their dad halfway tomorrow. It's been so much fun having them here. The time always goes too quickly.

No comments: