Saturday, March 7, 2009

Bi Bim Bap And Other Stuff

Chuy's diagnosis has changed. Instead of a liver infection, the vets have determined that he has severe pancreatitis. He is being treated with IV fluids, blood plasma and antibiotics. The vet I spoke to last night said that he's doing better, and another vet this morning said the same thing, but when Mom and I saw him today, he still seemed very sick. He will probably have to stay in the pet hospital for a few more days. Thank you for praying for him and for Mom. They still need your prayers.

I went with Cyrise to take Aubrey for her 9 month check-up yesterday. She is doing well, weighs almost 17 pounds and is 28 inches long. She has a shortened muscle on one side of her neck, so the pediatrician is referring them to a physical therapist who will teach them the exercises needed to stretch that muscle. The doctor seemed delighted with Aubrey; she was being most charming. :o)

Reece spent the night last night. He was disappointed when I took him home this morning because he wanted to go see Chuy. :o(

After Mom and I went to the animal hospital, I came back home and Ron and I met Kelly and Mike (daughter and SIL) for lunch at a Korean restaurant they like. Oh my goodness, the food was wonderful! I had bi bim bap (pictured above in a pic from the web). It's served with a spicy hot sauce that you add, then you stir everything together. Mmm.

Then we followed the kids to an Asian market where Kelly sometimes shops, and I bought Japanese rice, three different kinds of noodles (pad thai, rice and buckwheat), bull dog sauce, instant miso soup, green tea and some soft noodle packets for lunch. Kelly says they are better than ramen, and she doesn't make soup from them, but stir fries them with some veggies. Sounds yummy! It was fun just going down the aisles and looking at all the different kinds of foods. It made me homesick for Japan!

It's 83° here right now. I should be outside planting something.

2 comments:

JoAnnC. said...

Poor pup! Prayers he gets better soon.
I absolutely love asian markets! We make a monthly trip to Chinatown for goodies.

Kalona said...

Thank you for your prayers, JoAnn.

We love Asian markets, too. I can't believe how expensive our favorite rice has gotten, though!