Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thursday Chitchat

Well, they didn't pick me for jury duty. There were hundreds of people there, and every now and then they would send groups (panels) to different court rooms where the attorneys would question them and decide who would stay and who would go. I was on a panel of 25, from which 6 jurors were selected.

I'm way too opinionated to be chosen. :o)

The process took all day, but we got a 2 hour lunch. I went over to the cathedral, across the street from the courthouse. In spite of the "renovations," it is still very beautiful. I prayed my living rosary decade there, then went to confession. Being there was the best part of the day. Since I went to confession at the cathedral, I didn't go to the reconciliation service at church last night, so I still don't know what it was like.

On my way home, I stopped and picked up Reece, who spent the night. We had cheeseburgers and fries for dinner and had fun playing until bedtime. This morning we went to Gran's, then to the airport to pick up his Papa, who has been gone for nearly 2 weeks. Reece was glad to see him, and so was I.

I called the vet when we got home because Chuy is sick. He has been vomiting, hasn't eaten for 2 days, and has been lethargic. They told me to bring him in tomorrow if he's not feeling better. He is drinking water, but you know something is wrong when Chuy refuses to eat! I'm going back over there this evening to check on him. I suspect that he has eaten something he shouldn't have.

Ron is happy to be home where the weather is beautiful and the trees are budding. He said it was cold in Virginia. Not here. We have the AC on.

1 comment:

Rosemary said...

You have the AC on? And I was happy because it went into the high thirties today and tomorrow may go as High as 50! The kids will probably want ot put on shorts. Teehee