Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Playdoh, Wii and the Pixie Club

Our oldest son and his family arrived Monday evening. They are on spring break this week, and we are so glad they are spending it with us. I have been busy, enjoying my time with them. (Playdoh, Wii and the Pixie Club are just a few of their activities Tuesday).

Reece is always so excited to see his cousins. He talks about them all the time, even when they are not here. He spent the night Monday night so that he could be with them. I love how sweet they are with him.

I took Reece, Lyssa and Lily with me to Mom's Tuesday morning, and she was so glad to see them. I think the distraction of having them there was good for her, and took her mind off Chuy's death for awhile. I hope to take the boys (Caelen and Jacob) with me tomorrow if they get up in time.

Tuesday was a full day. I marinated chicken Monday night for oriental chicken, and made that for dinner with rice and green beans last night. Even our picky eaters ate well and asked for more. I love that!

We are going hiking with Kelly later in the week, but unfortunately our weather is going to get cold again (highs in the 50s), so they probably won't get to swim as they had hoped. The cold front is supposed to bring us some rain, though, which we desperately need, so we won't complain.

Other plans include some shopping with the girls (the mall and thrift stores), and maybe a movie if there is anything good playing. The kids will be here with us for a few days without their parents, who will return home to attend the ballet. They will be back to pick them up this weekend.

It's late and I'm tired, so off to bed for me.

3 comments:

Therese said...

enjoy having your grandchildren with you Kalona.

We know all about playdough and the wii but haven't heard of the pixie club before.

Therese

Sarah - Kala said...

Enjoy your family time!! What is Pixie Club? Never heard of it.

Kalona said...

:o) My granddaughters made up the Pixie Club. That's why no one has heard of it before. Their clubhouse is under the stairs that lead to the upstairs deck. They seem to spend a lot of time gathering leaves, berries and flowers to make magical concoctions. :o) I'm an honorary member, but have forgotten my password.