Monday, March 16, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook

Monday, March 16, 2009

Outside my window...
the sun is setting. The trees look dark against an orange glow.

I am thinking...
of going to the store to get Mom a new coffee pot. Hers is not making coffee quickly, despite two rounds of vinegar to clean it out.



I am thankful...

for the past week with our grandchildren. It was so good to spend time with them.

From the kitchen...
there is a loaf of raisin bread waiting to be made into bread pudding. I have an easy recipe that is made in the microwave.

I am wearing...

jeans, a blue and gray print tee, barefoot.

I am creating...
not a darn thing.

I have been...
I spent nearly 3 hours at Mom's today, ran to the store to get her some coffee, sat on her patio drinking iced tea. Two of her neighbors stopped by to chat. It was very pleasant.

I am hoping...
that Ron feels better tomorrow. He has caught a bad cold and feels awful. Sore throat, achy muscles, coughing. He missed work today, which is very rare for him. I just wiped the mouse and keyboard down with alcohol swabs, hoping that I won't get it, too.

I am hearing...
the hum of traffic outside.

Around the house...
lots to do after having the grands here. I've not cleaned much since they left. Been resting. :o)

One of my favorite things...
hearing my grandkids laugh.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
tomorrow I'll do a thorough cleaning, some laundry, and grocery shopping. My sister is planning to come for a visit later in the week. Mom has a dentist appointment tomorrow.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...
















Scary. :o)

For more daybooks, go here.

No comments: