Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sunday Summary

Whew, busy day! Mom and I went to Mass, then out to lunch (Panda Express). She mentioned that she hasn't seen Aubrey in quite awhile, and was missing her. So when we got back to her place, I called Josh to see if we could stop by for a visit, and he said yes.

Before we left, we called my sister, Sandi, to wish her a happy birthday and talked with her for awhile. Then I did my usual routine (coffee, meds, Chuy food, bulletin board, phone charge) and we headed for Josh's.

Reece wasn't too happy with all the attention Aubrey was getting, so I played with him in his room and in the backyard while Mom played with Aubrey. We didn't stay too long, and Reece went with me to drive Mom back to her place. The whole way he kept talking about "choclat wollypops," "cherry wollypops," and how he "wikes wollypops." He was making us laugh so hard. :o)

We dropped Mom off and the lollipop litany continued, so I stopped at Walgreens and bought a bag of Tootsie Pops. He was thrilled! The first thing he did when we got to my house was have a lollipop. He chose orange, after extolling the virtues of chocolate and cherry during the whole ride to and from Mom's. Then he had a chocolate one, and two oatmeal cookies (hey, it's Gramma's house).

Meanwhile, Josh brought Aubrey to me, too, and I kept them while their parents went grocery shopping. We were sitting on the floor playing, but Reece wanted to play with Play Doh, so I got him set up at the table and left Aubrey on the floor. I turned around to check on her, and she had made her way to the glass of iced tea which I had (stupidly) left sitting on the floor by the couch. By the time I made it to her, she had dumped half the glass of tea right on her face. I've never seen such a surprised look on a baby's face. She dropped the glass and the other half went onto the carpet. She let out one little cry, but that was it. In fact, she smiled at me as I dried her face. :o)

Their daddy picked them up about an hour ago, taking the bag of wollypops and some of the oatmeal cookies. Ron is still out of town, and now the house is absolutely still and silent.

No comments: