Monday, March 2, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook

Monday, March 2, 2009

Outside my window...
my mountain laurel is blooming. It has clusters of purple flowers that smell like grape koolaid.

I am thinking...
that I need to make doctor and dentist appointments for Mom.

I am thankful...
for our six beautiful, smart, fabulous grandchildren (and the little one due in June, #7).

From the kitchen...
I haven't been cooking much since Ron has been gone, or eating right. It's too easy to grab whatever is handy instead of making myself a meal.

I am wearing...

white nightie with pink and green polka dots and a plaid flannel blanket wrapped around my legs. (It got cold last night, but is 48° now. We'll be back in the 80s tomorrow, 74° later today).

I am creating...
a purse out of the embroidered leg of an old pair of capri pants.

I am going...
crazy. But that's normal for me. :o)

I am hoping...
to make it to the farmer's market this afternoon.

I am hearing...
the sound of a plane, the furnace.

Around the house...
little cars and trucks to put away, laundry to fold, floors to vacuum.

One of my favorite things...
candlelight, firelight, starlight.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
I may go to the Lenten mission at church tonight and tomorrow night, and to confession on Wednesday. I have a doctor appointment Tuesday morning. I have jury duty on Wednesday. I'll pick Ron up at the airport on Thursday.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...













March, in like a lion, out like a lamb?
Jesus, Lion of Judah, Lamb of God?
Constellations Leo and Aries?

You can read the daybooks of other bloggers here.

5 comments:

Mary Rose said...

I love that picture! Thank you for such a nice daybook. I envy you your warmer temperatures! Thanks also for visiting me. God bless you this week and I wish you a beautiful Lent. :-)

Kalona said...

Mary Rose, thank you for the comment, and the blessing. :o) Wish I could send you some of our warm weather!

Linda said...

Your day book as inspired me. I am going to use the format for creative writing for the children today.

Kalona said...

Linda, what a good idea to use the daybook formula with your children. It does make it easier to write. :o)

Kalona said...

I mean daybook format.