Thursday, March 26, 2009

Blizzards, Floods, Tornados and Hail

Ron is stuck in Colorado Springs. They have blizzard conditions, and planes are not flying in or out, so he will be there at least until tomorrow. He said they were not accepting reservations for tomorrow. The earliest confirmed reservation he could get was on Saturday, but maybe if the weather improves he will be able to leave tomorrow. He sounded so disappointed on the phone. He was ready to come home today! He was able to get a room at the hotel where the conference was held, so that is good.

Goodness, there is bad weather all over the country. The river in North Dakota is flooding, tornadoes hit Mississippi, and we had golf ball sized hail in the county south of us. It must be spring. We had some thunder and lightening here, and a little rain, but nothing severe.

I spent some time with Mom and Teddy earlier today, then ran a couple of errands and went shopping this afternoon. I was shopping for some new tops, but wound up with a pair of white jeans and no tops.

I went by Josh's to have him air up my tire that seems to have a slow leak. He has the air compressor at his house. Last night I discovered that one of my headlights is out, so I need to get that taken care of, too. I don't like messing with cars.

I stopped and got a patty melt, fries and a diet cola for my dinner. Not very healthy, but easy and fast. I was hungry.

5 comments:

H F J said...

Prayers for Ron's safe return home soon. We've had interesting weather here too.

Kalona said...

Thanks, D. He just called from his hotel. He has a flight booked tomorrow, but won't know until then if it will go. I saw that the storms we had here earlier were headed your way. Stay safe.

Linda said...

We've had so much rain, I learned my new garden is not high enough! We had a tiny bit of hail too.
Gad Ron is safe.

Glad too that Teddy has a wonderful new home!

Therese said...

It is awful when you are expecting them to come home and they cannot.

Praying that Ron will return tomorrow and that you are all safe.

Kalona said...

Ron is home, safe and sound. We just got back from the airport a little while ago. Thank you for your prayers.

Linda, I hope there is a way to save your garden! Teddy and Mom are both happy, but he has a tendency to try to run out when the door is open that is worrisome. I had to chase him down today. I didn't know I could still run that fast! :o)