Thursday, March 12, 2009

No, We're Not Asian.

But we sure love the food! Our son Jason bought some bulgogi, marinated and ready to cook, at the nearby Asian store and we had it for supper last night, with rice and mixed broccoli and cauliflower. Man, was it good! :o) Josh and his family came for supper, so all of our grandkids were here.

On second thought, our beautiful daughter-in-law is half Japanese, so some of us are Asian after all. :o)

Jason and Kis went home and the grands stayed with us. They will be here until Sunday, and have made a list of "things to do with Gramma." It's a shame the weather has turned cold. It didn't keep the girls from getting into the hot tub, though.

We were a little worried that Jacob, the four year old, would not want to stay here without his parents, but he is totally okay with it. He is sleeping in the room where the girls are, but wanted to sleep on a futon on the floor beside their bed. I'm betting we will find him snuggled in between them in the morning. :o) He is so cute. He got up earlier and came into my office. He looked at me sternly and said, "Gramma, why are you up?"

My car started making a weird noise yesterday, and Josh took it to the dealer. Josh thinks it is a pulley coming loose, and said we shouldn't drive it until it's fixed. So Ron has bummed a ride to and from work tomorrow, and I'll have the pickup.

I hear rain on my window. What a wonderful sound! We really need it; we've been in a drought for so long. I'm praying for more than the half inch the weatherman predicted. I'm not looking forward to driving in wet weather with a truck filled with four of our grandkids, though. So it can stop while I go to Mom's. :o)

No comments: