Saturday, July 3, 2010

Catching Up

Lily, Lyssa and Jacob having fun in the pool.

Jason and his family arrived last Monday evening, while I was still in the hospital for chemo. So they were here when I returned home Wednesday afternoon.

I really enjoyed having them here. We had fun. I didn't see much of my oldest grandson, who is 14 now and taller than me! He was usually sleeping, playing computer games or watching TV while he was here. He did go swimming with the others, but wasn't in the pool for the picture. We did spend some time watching crazy shows on TV, though.

The girls and Jake went with me to Gran's one day, and then to shop for belated birthday gifts. I got the girls each something from Toys R Us, and Jacob also got a toy. :o) Then we dropped him off at the house and went to the mall. The girls each got a couple of summer outfits, then we went to Marble Slab for ice cream. It was such a nice afternoon.

Reece loved spending time with his cousins, as always. He spent the night last night, and when they were getting ready to leave this morning he said, "They can't go home!" He would love to have them here always.

Thursday we had a big fish fry. Jason and Kismette cooked salmon, mahi mahi, talapia and catfish, and it was so delicious! Friday we had Asian chicken thighs, baked in the oven. The girls, Reece and I made cream cheese sopapillas for dessert. Very easy and pretty good, but next time I'll use a lot less sugar in them.

One evening the kids and I were sitting on the sectional watching TV, and I asked them if they wanted to see my bald head. They weren't sure, except for Lily, who said she did want to see. So I took off my cap, and they were so cute! The girls came straight to my sides and hugged me and felt my head. Jake thought it was hilarious, and would laugh every time he thought about it afterwards. :o) Caelen laughed when I did my little Six Flags bald guy imitation. It broke the ice, and then they were able to ask me questions and talk about what is going on. Jake wanted to know about my PICC line. I think they were all relieved that in spite of the cancer, Gramma hasn't changed.

After they left today, Reece and I went to see Gran before I took him home. I was tired, so napped for awhile, then played with the dogs this evening.

We don't really have plans for the 4th of July or Monday when Ron will be off work, but will play it by ear. Maybe a cook-out if it's nice, or we might take in a fireworks show with the Grands that live here.

Happy Independence Day, America!

3 comments:

Evannnraee said...

MY COUSINS :'(
theyre so grown up now. l:
Prayed for you everynight <3

Anonymous said...

Hi! What cuties! I love the pics you posted. I'm so happy that Jason and his family came & that you are continuing to hold your own with your treatment. I love you! Sandi

Kalona said...

Yes, Evann, they are all growing up so fast! Sometimes I want to slow time waaaaay down. Thank you for continuing to pray for me!

Sandi, thanks; the pics aren't that good, but the subjects are wonderful. :o) Love you!