Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Platelets

Get it? Platelets? Ha!

Sorry for the slow blogging. I think I'm just sick of myself. :o)

All is well. I'm extremely neutropenic right now, so laying low. It's pretty boring.

Had a platelet transfusion and fluids today. Good thing I like my doctors and nurses; I see them too often.

Missed Mass on Sunday because I was feeling sick. Ron and Mom went, and ate at the Asian buffet afterwards. I think I slept most of that day.

I had to go to Wilford Hall for labs on Monday. It was a holiday, so the parking lot was nearly empty, very few people were at the hospital, and there was a skeleton crew working. It seemed very strange, since the place is usually bustling.

Tuesday was quiet; I went to Mom's and came home. It felt like Monday all day.

Today I was at the hospital for most of the day. Ron took me and stayed until we got the lab results to see if I'd need a transfusion. When we found out I did need one, he went to Mom's for me, taking her meds and some lunch. Then he went to work for awhile and came back for me when I was finished. They gave me benedryl and tylenol before the platelets, and the benedryl made me so sleepy! I crashed when we got home, and slept all evening.

And that has been my exciting life the past few days. :o)

No comments: