Monday, July 19, 2010

A Don Williams Night

I've always loved the soothing, mellow voice of Don Williams. My favorite song by him is Good Ole Boys Like Me. I love the music, but even more, I love the lyrics of this song. As usual, turn off my playlist music to listen to the videos.



But this one, I like the music that just keeps rolling along. The pictures with this one are kind of cheesy, so just close your eyes and listen. :o)



This is one that Ron and I used to square dance to, way back in the early '80s when we lived in Kansas. I never thought I'd be a square dancer, and I swore I wouldn't wear those square dance outfits, but I did and it was fun. We belonged to a group called the Silver Spurs. They were a wild and crazy bunch. :o)

6 comments:

Linda said...

As soon as I saw the words, 'Don Williams', I started seeing "I believe in you" in my head... and I hadn't even looked at your list yet. That's a great one. Thanks for the memory.

Kalona said...

Happy to have given you a good memory, Linda! :o)

Jennifer Mulkey said...

Oh wow :) I LOVE Don Williams and "I believe in you" is my favorite :)

Kalona said...

Yay, another Don Williams fan! :o)

Jennifer Mulkey said...

Now I've had that song in my head since last night :))

Kalona said...

Uh oh. Sorry, Jennifer. :o) Even when you like a song, it gets annoying when it won't go away.