Thursday, July 29, 2010

Uplifting News!

I got some wonderful news this morning. There was a new post on my Catholic board for me from the friend who sent me some Lourdes water back in the spring. Here is what it said:

Prayers will be offered for you at the Grotto in Lourdes on Sunday. I just found out! It was a surprise to me!

The chaplain of the Grotto in Lourdes, Pere Regis-Marie, maintains an American post in Syracuse, NY under the Bishop here. Since I have had the great blessing of meeting him and several of his staff, I contacted his office to send you the Lourdes water a few months ago. I sent them an update on how well you are doing, and received an enthusiastic email this morning from the woman who heads up his volunteer organization in Syracuse. She said that they are going to be landing in France on Sunday and will pray for you as soon as they arrive at the Grotto!

It was such a nice surprise that I thought I'd post it publicly. I love little happy surprises!

I replied:

Oh my goodness, D***, I am thrilled beyond words! Your post brought tears to my eyes. (Happy ones)! Thank you so much for setting this in motion.

The news comes at a perfect time for me, as I'm a bit anxious now that we are nearing the final stages of treatment. Yesterday when I saw my doctor, we discussed the upcoming stem cell harvest and transplant. I'll have my sixth chemo on August 9th, and a couple of weeks after that they will begin giving me a medicine to help increase my white cells. When they are at the optimum amount, they will harvest my stem cells. Then I'll have the very intense chemo for six days in the hospital to be as sure as we can be that all the cancer cells are killed. (That part scares me). Then they will give me back the harvested stem cells. So within a couple of months, the treatment should be complete.

My doctor thinks I am doing "extremely well," and I am certain that is because of all the prayer support I receive. You are, literally, getting me through this. Once again I want to thank all of you for praying for me, and for the love and support I've received through your cards, gifts and notes. I know that I have been blessed!

Here is my friend's reply:

I'm so glad this is a timely blessing!

It really does sound like your doctors are taking very good care of you, being thorough, and doing all they can to safeguard your health. It seems like Our Lady is keeping you close to her, too.

The thought of sending them an update on how you are doing just occurred to me when I couldn't sleep last night. I had been meaning to get in touch with them but kept forgetting, so last night when I couldn't sleep I sent E**** a hello message and an update on how you are doing.

She responded and also forwarded the email to M*****, who is getting ready to go to Lourdes, and M***** responded this morning.

It seems like Our Lady is really looking out for you, and that she and Our Lord are taking care of you at every turn.

Isn't that the most wonderful surprise?!! I'm so grateful to my friend, and to those who will pray for me at the Grotto on Sunday. And to all of you who read my blog, who are praying! Thank you.

Our Lady of Lourdes, thank you for your intercession!

No comments: