Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thursday Chitchat

It's been a gray day here all day long. We've had some slow, soft rain. And it doesn't seem like Thursday, but it is.

The puppies and I stayed inside most of the day. I did play with them outside for awhile this evening. They would chase and fetch until they fell exhausted if I let them. It was good for them to get some exercise after lying around inside all day, though.

I made chicken pot pie for dinner, using up the leftover rotisserie chicken Ron got at the grocery store a couple of days ago.

We drove to the main post office to drop off some bills this evening, then stopped by the grocery store again. Ron is going out of town for two weeks, and I didn't want to have to go shopping while I'm neutropenic, so he went for me while I waited in the car. I only needed a couple of things.

When we left our subdivision, we saw two mama deer and four fawns. They were so cute. The fawns were tiny, and still had their spots. It just made my day to see them running. :o)

Our youngest son, who has been unemployed for several months, got a job and will start his orientation tomorrow. I'm so happy for him! He will be working for a cable company. I'm sending up prayers of thanksgiving.

Okay, I'm all chatted out. How was your day?


4 comments:

Jennifer Mulkey said...

Hi Sharon:) My day was good. Went for some physical therapy this afternoon, then spent about four hours with a friend I hadn't seen in about three years. So, was a good afternoon. Hope that tomorrow you start feeling a little more energy. Isn't it amazing when things like the deer come along? Makes me realize how blessed we truly are :)

Prayers ongoing here for you :)

God Bless,

Jennifer

Kalona said...

Hi Jennifer! Sounds like you had a great day. Time spent with old friends is always fun. I felt better today than I did yesterday, so things are looking up. :o) Yes, seeing the deer was like a little surprise gift, just for me. As always, thank you for your prayers! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Your are welcome to send some of that rain my way! LOL! I love the rain and can't stand this 90 degree weather we are having (we don't have AC). Uggghhh... I love it when I see deer. The other day driving to my mom's house, I saw 4 deer and a tiny fawn. It looked just like Bambi with the white spots and all. It made my week and grateful to be living here in the NW where that is common to see.

Have a Blessed day, new friend!
Carolina

Kalona said...

Hi Carolina, I'm happy to "see" you again! I visited your blogs and left you a note. I've never been to your beautiful state, but I'd love to see it some day. I can't imagine having no AC! Hope you're having a great time by the pool. :o)