Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my window...
Hot July day, but we still haven't reached 100 degrees yet this summer. Last summer we had 100 degree days every day for a month! Our backyard is looking a bit shaggy and messy.

I am thankful...
for a home to live in, food to eat, family to love.

I am wearing...
Old denim capris with an elastic waist because the prednisone makes me swell up like a blimp, old black smock top, bare feet, bare head.

I am remembering...
being healthy.

I am going...
No where. I'm staying home.

I am reading...
A Nation of Sheep by Judge Andrew P. Napolitano, loaned to me by our son Jason, and Predator by Patricia Cornwell, the novel I bought to take with me to the hospital to read during my chemo yesterday.

On my mind...
getting the house straightened up. I have piles of clean towels to put away, and sheets to put on the guest room beds.

From the learning rooms...
Nothing going on there right now.

Pondering these words...
One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why. ~Author Unknown

From the kitchen....
Nothing sounds good right now. I've been eating waffles with raspberries for breakfast every day. It's the only thing that appeals to me in the mornings.

Around the house...
The above mentioned laundry to put away, dog hair to sweep up, litter box to clean (don't worry, I wear a mask and don't touch the litter).

One of my favorite things...
My quiet Bosch dishwasher. Our kitchen, breakfast room and family room are all open, so it's important to have a quiet dishwasher.

A picture to share...

Pretty babies. :o)


Please visit Peggy's site to read more daybooks.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi sweet sister, I love you. Just one more round! You have been amazing through all of this. I know it can't be easy but you have set the bar "high" with your attitude and the graceful way you are enduring. I'm so proud of you Sharon and so thankful that you're my sister! All my love, Sandi

Thank you Jesus for Sisters!

Kalona said...

Thank you, Sandi. One more round, and then the stem cell transplant procedure. My faith, the love and prayers of all my family and friends and the wonderful care I've been getting are helping me get through this. I do have my dark times, but not too often. Love you bunches!

Jennifer Mulkey said...

Hang in there. Only one more. When I was so sick, the only thing I could eat was scrambled eggs, your waffles reminded me of that :) You are going to get through this, I know you are. If I can, anyone can, because I'm a huge baby, and I didn't have all the different types of chemo that you've had and I was still a huge baby :) Prayers and thoughts are with you every single day.

Kalona said...

Jennifer, thank you for your continued prayers for me! You have been so faithful. I pray that my outcome is as good as yours has been. Scrambled eggs would be better for me than waffles, but I can't even think about eggs without feeling queasy. My docs haven't said much about what I eat--they just want me to eat. And I do! :o) The nausea comes when I have an empty stomach. Thanks again, sweet friend!