Sunday, July 11, 2010

Peaceful Sunday Afternoon

This picture of the Fourteen Holy Helpers was on the back of our printed missal pages at Mass today. Do you know about them? I'll write a post about them tomorrow.

I went to get Mom for Mass this morning, but when I got there she was not ready. She had gone back to sleep after I called her to remind her that we were going. You have never seen an 83 year old woman pull it together so quickly! She was ready in 10 minutes flat. It's a good thing she wears a hat since there was no time for hair fiddling. :o)

Fr. Sanner was our priest today. We don't see him too often, and I always enjoy his clear, to the point homilies. He is a retired military priest. I very much appreciate his willingness to celebrate the TLM, especially since it is hard for him to kneel and get up and down with his bad knees.

Mom and I stopped to pick up a chicken sandwich, fries, and a fried cherry pie for her lunch, and stopped again for some items she needed from the store. When I left her place, she was enjoying her lunch and watching TV.

Kelly came over this afternoon, after I got home from Mass, and stayed until around 7 PM. It was so nice to have her here. She treated me to lunch. We picked up puffy tacos at the Las Palapas drive-through since the restaurant was crowded. She is careful to keep me away from germs. :o) We ate at my house, then went to Garden Ridge and the Dollar Tree, mostly just to get out of the house for awhile. Kel made sure I took my mask, but neither place was busy, so I didn't need it.

When we got back we watched a couple of shows on HGTV. Kelly doesn't have cable TV, so it's fun for her to watch it now and then. The puppies were so excited to see her, and when we let them go outside they ran around to the side of the house. I think they were looking for Darcy and Banzai, who usually accompany Kelly when she visits. But today they stayed home with Mike.

Kelly said her new puppy, Hunter, is doing very well. She said that Hunter eats a lot and that the house training is going great. Hunter goes to sit by the back door when she needs to go outside. Smart puppy!

Hope you've had a good Sunday, too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking and praying for you! I will have to check if I still have those Handwriting Without Tears instructor books when I get back in two weeks. I can mail them to you if I still have them (no charge of course). I will let you know after the 27th. Have a wonderful week, my new friend. I don't know when I'll be back on since I will be depending on my in-laws computer for the next two weeks. :) God Bless!
Carolina

Kalona said...

Thank you so much for the prayers, Carolina!

No rush on the books. Enjoy your vacation!