Sunday, July 18, 2010

July Sunday

(Maggie Cat).

Mom and I had lunch out
again today after Mass. We ate at Cracker Barrel. We had not been there for a long time, and both of us wanted chicken and dumplings. I just wish it wasn't always so crowded and noisy.

I wanted to get so much done this weekend while I still have energy and feel good, but my body still needs naps. I finally went to the grocery store this evening. I knew that I wouldn't feel like going shopping for awhile after the chemo tomorrow. Once again I am dreading it. It hasn't been quite 21 days, so I feel like I'm being cheated out of two days of feeling good.

I bought a Patricia Cornwall novel to read while I'm at the hospital tomorrow, and some snacks to take since I'll be there all day.

Josh and I worked on the pool a little bit today. He is going to come back tomorrow to clean the filters and brush it again. It might stay cleaner if the puppies would stay out of it! Josh will also go to Mom's for me, to take her meds to her. She will like seeing him. :o)

Talked to Ron this evening. He is still in Indiana, and said he is ready to come home. Unfortunately, he will be there until the end of the week.

Can't believe that 2010 is more than half gone! Christmas will be here before we know
it.

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

Prayers and cyber-killing rays coming your way...

Kalona said...

Thanks, Adrienne! I got home about 45 minutes ago and other than feeling really sleepy(benedryl), I'm doing okay. I really appreciate those prayers and death rays. :o)

Anonymous said...

Hi Sis, Sending love & prayers for the chemo treatment today. I love you! Sandi

Kalona said...

Sandi, thank you for the love and prayers! Love you.