Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Wednesday With Reece

Reece and I decorated the Christmas tree last night, and unbelievably, I didn't take any pictures!

It was so much fun to open the boxes of ornaments with him. I put the ornaments away in layers in the boxes, and each time I would uncover a new layer, he would exclaim and get so excited. He hung a few ornaments on the tree, but spent most of the time playing with them. He loves little toys, and has such a wonderful imagination. He was making up all kinds of stories with the bears, birds, angels, snowmen, santas and other ornaments.

This morning, as soon as he woke up he wanted to go downstairs and "play with the Christmas tree." :o)

I asked him what he wanted for breakfast, and he said, "Oatmeal and baby bear toast." So that is what he had. He took the toast and chocolate milk with him when we went to Gran's and finished it over there. She has a little American Indian nativity set, with a teepee instead of a stable, and Indians as the holy family, wise men and shepherds. Instead of a camel, there is a buffalo. Reece thinks it is some kind of ugly dog, and makes it bark at all the other pieces.

Mom's neighbor who wrote the book was having a book sale and signing in the great room at her complex today, so I took the book I bought on Amazon and had him sign it. Reece went with me, and loved the Christmas tree they had set up in the great room. He was a little shy with Mr. Ratliff and his wife, but they thought he was a cutie.

I dropped Reece off at home around 12:30, and when I was getting him out of the car he said, "I wanna go night night." I think riding in the car made him sleepy. I just talked to Josh, and he said he never did go to sleep, but went to his room and played with his toys and Aubrey.

Please send up a prayer for Camryn. The insurance company has denied the claim for the helmet which will straighten her head. Josh called the neurosurgeon's office, and they will see what they can do to convince the insurance company that this is something that Camryn has to have. The doctor told the kids that hers is on the high end of the scale as far as severity, and her face could be deformed as she grows if it is not corrected. I pray that everyone concerned in this decision will see the necessity of the treatment. Thank you for praying!

No comments: