Saturday, December 19, 2009

Saturday Summary

Do you ever get an uneasy feeling that something is not right? You can't put your finger on it, but something just seems "off." I've felt that way all day today. Maybe it's just that I'm trying to fight off a cold or something, but I don't think that's it.

Reece and Aubrey were here last night. We made homemade macaroni and cheese for supper, then went for a drive to look at Christmas lights. They both enjoyed the lights, but Ron and I noticed that there are fewer homes decorated this year than usual.

When we got home I decorated the fireplace mantel with a garland and some colored lights, and hung the Christmas stockings. I need to get a white extension cord to replace the brown one I used. Someone should invent invisible extension cords.

Today I made the little ones chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast. Reece didn't eat very much. He is not feeling well. We think he may have had a slight fever. He went behind the sectional (we have a little play area there with their toys) and lay down on the floor for a long time. That's not like him at all.

I took him and Aubrey with me to Gran's, and they enjoyed being with her. She is one of their favorite people. :o)

I took Reece home and took Aubrey to get some shoes. I was going to get her a pair of Robeez, but they didn't have any cute ones in her size where I went, so I got a different brand of soft-soled shoes. She looks so cute walking around in them. We were going to get her hair cut at a family salon near their house, but we got there just after they closed at 3 PM. Why would a hair salon close at 3 PM on Saturday? Weird. I was tired by then, so I took her on home.

I have some pansies that Kelly got me for my birthday that I never planted. I want to do that before it gets dark, so better get myself in gear. I love that we can have pansies here all winter long.

*I only got 3 of the pansies planted. The soil was too wet and gooey, so I'll wait another day. Also forgot to publish this post.

No comments: