Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!

It's New Year's Eve and I have a house full of grandkids. We made snacks and the kids are having fun playing together while the adults are watching a movie. Aubrey is sitting on my lap, talking to me while I blog. :o) Uh oh, now I have two little boys playing with blocks at my feet. I love it!

Some of the kids went with me to see Great-Gran this afternoon. She enjoyed having them there so much. Here they are at the gazebo.

They always enjoy taking Teddy for a walk at her place. They were walking in the dry stream bed, playing with the rocks and enjoying the sunshine and just being together.

I made a cake when we got home. A friend from the Catholic board posted a link to some little Christmas candy mice, and I showed them to the girls. They were so excited to make them, and they turned out really cute. I'll show you later. We made some seven layer cookies, too. They took turns doing each layer.

When Josh and Cyrise got here, they brought lots of snacks--a tray of meats and cheeses, sushi and gyoza. We put all that out with some crackers, apples and oranges and some Japanese crackers Kismette brought. We've been snacking all evening. Josh also brought some sparkling grape juice, so the kids can join us in toasting the New Year later.

Some of the kids are starting to get sleepy, but some of them took naps and may make it to midnight.

They are all looking forward to tomorrow, when Great-Gran, Aunt Kelly and Uncle Mike will be here, too, and they can open more Christmas presents. I can't believe how patient they have been.

They were enchanted with Great-Grans little Christmas tree, examining all the little ornaments. We are going to look for a star topper for her tree. All of the kids agree that she has to have a star on her tree. :o)

Tomorrow we will have brisket, savory potato salad, Kelly's Texas beans, green beans, seven grain bread and my black russian cake for dinner. Oh yeah, and black eyed peas. It will be a slow, lazy day and I hope the weather stays pretty so the kids can play outside again.

I hope you are all still celebrating this beautiful Christmas season as well as the beginning of a brand new year. May God bless all of you in 2010!

No comments: