Monday, December 7, 2009

Thrift Shopping On A Rainy Day

Brr. A chilly, drizzly day is the perfect day to do some thrift store shopping, right? I stopped on the way home from Mom's, just to see if there was anything interesting. I know you want to see what I found. :o)

Three books for the smallest grands. I love the Tomie de Paola Bible story book, and the other two are classics. I'll use one of the little donkeys from the nativity set to illustrate The Small One when we read it.

A black lace mantilla, for less than $2. It has a rounded, scalloped back; very pretty. A Latin Mass lady can never have too many mantillas. :o)

A couple of CDs. One is Christmas music (A Dickens Christmas), and the other is classical bedtime music for little ones. Nice not just for bedtime, but any time you want something soothing for them to listen to, especially in the car.

And two little cups. I already had the saucer. I don't know why, but I like those heavy diner-type coffee cups and saucers. I found two saucers at a thrift store about a year ago, and have watched for cups to go with them ever since. There was only one cup, but I'm patient. I know the other one will turn up some day. It doesn't have to match this cup. I just want it to match the saucer. The other cup didn't have a saucer. It's just pretty. :o) I like china with pink roses. What can I say? I'm eclectic.




Then I got a couple of little outfits for Camryn. This one is a Ralph Lauren. It's so soft and girly.

















And this Christmas-y one is to keep her warm. It has a little hat that matches. She is going to be so cute in it.

I couldn't stay long at the thrift store because the puppies were in their crate, and I didn't want to leave them in there too long. They went outside for a bit, but were eager to come back inside after only a few minutes. They don't like the cold and rain.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Wonderful finds! I like what you find in the thrift stores. I'd have fun shopping with you.