Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sweet, Joyful Sunday

We had a new priest for Mass today, Fr. Jim Sanner. He was wearing lovely dark rose vestments for Gaudete Sunday. He is a retired military chaplain. He said that he has been a priest for 50 years. He asked us to be patient as he gets used to praying the Latin Mass again, but he did a great job. He said it's kind of like riding a bicycle. :o) I thought his name sounded familiar, and Ron told me that he had been at Camp Zama in Japan when we were there. We were not Catholic at the time, so we didn't know him then. I like him.

We ate at the Asian buffet after Mass and I'm still not hungry. I always eat too much when we go to a buffet.

Thank goodness our warm weather has returned! It was a gorgeous day today, with a high in the 70s. My feet are finally warm. :o)

I did a little more Christmas shopping this afternoon, at the outlet mall. Got some clothes for all the boy grands.

When I got home from the outlet mall, I was on poop patrol. I hadn't cleaned up the yard in awhile, and oh my goodness, it was a mess. I'm thinking of fencing off a part of the yard for them, sort of a dog run. They are absolutely destroying the yard, digging holes, wearing paths in the grass, dragging everything they can find from rocks to logs to pieces of plants all over the place. We can't leave anything in the yard or on the patio. They will chew up whatever they can find lying around. It's a good thing I love them!

They are going to be unhappy puppies tomorrow. I'm taking them to the vet to be spayed. Poor little girlies, they don't have a clue about what is going to happen. They are so sweet. They love when we spend time with them, playing, training, or just out in the yard scooping poop. I put them through their paces earlier, and they haven't forgotten a thing. They watch me so intently when I give them their commands. They are very smart little dogs. Not always good, but very smart. :o)

Reece was just here and saw the Christmas tree for the first time this year. It hasn't been decorated yet, just the lights are on it, but he loved it! His eyes were just sparkling, and he came in and said, "Merry Christmas! Happy holidays!" It was sooo cute! He and his daddy came by to drop off Ron's truck, so they didn't stay long. I told him that when he comes to spend the night on Tuesday we will put all the ornaments on the tree. I reminded him about some of the ornaments he liked last year, and he remembers them. He is excited! I love seeing Christmas through his eyes.

No comments: