Saturday, December 12, 2009

Saturday Summary

It's been a busy Saturday. Reece and Aubrey spent the night Friday and Ron took them home Saturday morning. Mom and Sandi came by after getting Mom's hair cut, and I went with them to have lunch, then we went thrift shopping and Christmas shopping.

Josh and Cyrise have wanted a heavy non-teflon coated stock pot, and we found a heavy 6 quart Emeril stainless pot at a Goodwill store (like the largest pot in this picture). They are over $100 new, but I paid $31 for it. I cleaned it up and it looks nearly new. Then I read some reviews on-line about people having problems with them, and now I'm almost afraid to give it to them. It sounds like most of the problems are due to people using high heat with them. Evidently, you are supposed to use them at medium heat. I guess I'll go ahead and give it to them with the warning not to use it with high heat. It's not a Christmas gift, just something they need.

I also got some little Restoration Hardware vintage paper lanterns, still in their unopened package. There are 10 of them, for $2.99. I'll use them around the patio for summer birthday parties and cookouts. They are so cute.

Sandi got a heavy cast iron grill pan at another Goodwill. We had fun looking for "treasures."

Mom wanted to get Christmas gifts for the great-grands, so we went to WalMart for toys for them. She had fun shopping for her eight great-grandchildren.

It was a fun day with my mom and sister. Sandi needed to get home, so she left this evening. Her visits are always a whirlwind of activity, and the time is always too short, but we sure enjoy her visits.

The evening was spent watching TV (and sleeping on the couch). :o) I didn't sleep well last night, and was tired after the busy day. Now I'm wide awake and watching Criminal Minds.

And that's been my Saturday.

No comments: