Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Turkey Pot Pie

I just got home after visiting Mom and dropping Reece off at his house.

Reece has a dentist appointment this afternoon. He has a couple of cavities that need to be filled and I'm worried about his reaction to that. Please send up a little prayer for him.

I made the turkey pot pie last night and took the rest of it to Mom today. She enjoyed it for lunch, and has plenty left over for supper if she wants it. It turned out good. I substituted leftover green beans for the peas and carrots and left out the thyme. I rolled the biscuit dough out pretty thin and laid it on top. I also used a 12X7 inch baking dish rather than the 9X9 inch dish called for. Here's the recipe I used. It's from Cooks.com.

Turkey Pot Pie

1/3 c. butter, melted
1/2 c. Bisquick
1/3 c. chopped onion
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/8 tsp. thyme

Combine the above in a saucepan to boil. Add:

1/2 c. chicken broth
2/3 c. milk

Heat to boil, constantly stirring, boil 1 minute and stir. Add:

1 3/4 c. turkey (or chicken)
10 oz. frozen peas & carrots

Mix well with spoon, turn off heat.

Topping:

1 1/2 c. Bisquick
3 tbsp. hot water
3 tbsp. softened butter

Form dough and put on top of above mixture in a 9 inch square dish.

Bake in a preheated 375°F degree oven for about 45 minutes, or until crust is golden and lightly browned on edges.

No comments: