Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Wednesday With Reece

Reece loves the Christmas tree. He likes to just stand and look at it, but even better, he likes to take off the ornaments and play with them. I keep finding different ornaments here and there, and empty spots on the tree. :o) But I don't mind. To him they are not just ornaments, but little toys.

He had so much fun today at Great-Grans. While they played in the bedroom, I baked some little pound cakes in Christmas loaf pans for Mom's neighbors. We took a walk with Teddy while they cooled, and delivered the cakes before we left. He loved taking cakes and cards to each person. He met Miss Jackie, Miss Janie, Miss Della, Miss Pearl and Mrs. Patricia. They all thought he was a sweetheart. Mrs. Patricia gave him some candy, so I think she was his favorite. :o) He told each of them "Merry Christmas!" when we left.

Oh, I forgot to tell you the cutest thing he said! He was looking at the nativity set on the piano, and he touched Mary and said, "Who's that? Mary full of grace?" I love that! I said, "Yes darlin', that is Mary full of grace."

Last night we made a gingerbread house from a kit I bought at HEB. Reece loved putting the little candies on the house. It's a bit messy because I was distracted, having all three kids here while Josh and Ron went shopping, but it was fun, quick and easy. I think we will put it on the dining table as a centerpiece for Christmas dinner.

The house has no chimney because it was broken, and Aubrey ate some of the pieces. :o) I told Reece that the gingerbread house kit is going to be our new Christmas tradition. We will make one every year.

I found out today that our Houston-area grands won't be here for Christmas, but will come next week, so we will be having Second Christmas when they arrive. We are looking forward to our extended holiday.

We are missing some Christmas stockings. I could only find nine of them. Some of them may have been carried away last year, still filled with goodies. Reece likes the Christmas lights on the mantel, since we don't have a tree in the family room.

We will have a quiet Christmas Eve tomorrow. I'll make Irish Potato Soup for supper, and get some crusty bread from the bakery. I'll make cinnamon bread pudding for dessert. I'm expecting Josh and his family and Kelly and Mike for supper, and then we'll open one present each.

No Midnight Mass this year. The Latin Mass will be at 8 AM Christmas morning, and we'll go to that one. Everyone will gather again later in the day, and we'll open gifts. Josh is making prime rib for dinner. We will have either baked potatoes or mashed potatoes, and Caesar salad or some kind of vegetable. And something wonderful for dessert.

I planned to make some candies and cookies tonight, but I think I'll save that for later, when the rest of the family gets here.

Meanwhile, I still have gifts to wrap and things to do. Happy Christmas Eve Eve!

2 comments:

X said...

The photos of Reece with the gingerbread are priceless!I can hear the little wheels in his brain turning LOL!

Kalona said...

Thanks Angela, he was so pleased with the gingerbread house. :o)