Friday, November 27, 2009

Turkey Talk (not really)

We had a great Thanksgiving--lots of family and too much food! I am so thankful for all our blessings.

It was quiet around here today. I was tired, and told everyone they could fend for themselves. They ate leftovers all day, and did a pretty good job of cleaning up after themselves. :o) They did have Freddy's for dinner tonight. Guess they got tired of turkey.

I had planned to go to the Bass Pro Shop to buy a couple of dog beds for $14.95 (regularly $39.99), but I didn't want to get up at 5 AM and drive across town. There was a lot of traffic today; everyone was out shopping. Our little town has long been known as a local speed trap, and I saw four different people getting speeding tickets as I was running an errand and going to Mom's.

One of my mom's neighbors has written a western novel. I think that is so cool! He is an elderly gentleman, and he and his wife moved here from Kansas, also (like my mom). They are just the sweetest couple. I bought his book from Amazon, and plan to take it over and have him sign it for me. I haven't read it yet, so can't tell you much about it, but if you like westerns please take a look at it. The only photo I could get of the book is from Amazon's page. You can purchase the book there.

Guess what Ron gave me for my birthday! A new MacBook Pro laptop computer and an iphone. I am beyond thrilled with them. I wasn't surprised to get a laptop because I've wanted one for a long time, but didn't expect the Cadillac of laptops. :o) The iphone was a complete and total surprise. It's going to take me awhile to get the hang of using both of them. Thank goodness our son, the computer whiz, is here right now.

My 13 year old grandson is sitting on the bed next to me, playing an old Tetris game on his Gameboy. He was explaining all the different game systems Nintendo has made over the years. He is also helping me figure out how to do the most basic things that I could do with my eyes closed on my Windows computer, but everything is different on this one. And now he is showing me everything I can do with my iphone. It is amazing.


No comments: