Monday, December 7, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my window...
gray, foggy drizzly, damp, 51°. Ick.

I am thankful...
for my home, where I am warm, cozy, sheltered. I pray for those who have no home, that they find a safe haven.

I am wearing...
jeans, long sleeved gray tee shirt.

I am remembering...
to take something out of the freezer for dinner tonight, to put out the recycle bin this morning, to call the pharmacy for a med refill.

I am going...
I'll stop at the grocery store to pick up coffee for Mom on my way to her place this morning.

I am reading...
blogs this morning.

On my mind...

Christmas planning.

From the learning rooms...
I've been reading the library books about children from all around the world to Reece. When he is here tomorrow we will find the places on the globe, learn the song Jesus Loves The Little Children, talk about African animals, and learn about Our Lady of Fatima and the Miracle of the Sun.

Noticing that...
the puppies are restless. I think they want to go back outside.

Pondering these words...
There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. He came for testimony, to bear witness to the light, that all might believe through him. He was not the light, but came to bear witness to the light.

The true light that enlightens every man was coming into the world. He was in the world, and the world was made through him, yet the world knew him not. John 1. 6-10.

From the kitchen...
T-bone steaks, baked potatoes, salad and dinner rolls for dinner tonight.

Around the house...
I'll dust, then clean and polish the wood railings on the stairs today, getting them ready for garland and lights.

One of my favorite things...
my new gas cooktop.

From my picture album...







Jacob and Reece. They are wonderful. :o)




Please visit Peggy to read more daybooks.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Cute pic of Reece and Jake. :)

Kalona said...

I know! I love it. It makes me grin every time I look at it.

Rubi said...

I just love your musings!. . .amidst a day so busy you still remember that you must tell the Fatima story to the little ones! . . .

Kalona said...

Thank you, Rubi!

dtbrents said...

Your sons are so cute. I hope all of you enjoy this wonderful season. Doylene

Kalona said...

Thank you, Doylene. The little boys are actually my grandsons. :o) They are cousins. They are only two of our seven grands. We are so blessed!