Saturday, November 14, 2009

Saturday Summary

I spent a couple of hours Friday afternoon with Reece and Aubrey at their house while their parents took Camryn for a doctor appointment.

Camryn has positional plagiocephaly, which means that her little head is misshapen, flattened on one side in back. It is common in infants, and easily corrected with a helmet or cranial band that she will wear for a few months. She will go back to be fitted for the helmet, and I'm confident that it will help. I'm relieved that she will begin treatment soon. She is such a little cutie.

Reece and Aubrey came over here in the evening to spend the night. They were so sweet, and happy to see their Papa, who is finally home from Indiana. We didn't do anything special, but they have fun just being here.

After taking them home today it seemed pretty quiet around here.

I got supplies for my next beading project, which will be simple earrings. I saw some brass findings at Hobby Lobby, and love the sort of East Indian look of them. I found some green glass pearls which I think look pretty with the brass for one pair of earrings.

I worked with Sis and Katy for awhile, brushing up on their commands. I think they are ready to learn some new things. They have sit, stay, and come down pat. They don't do as well with "down," but they're getting it. I got a frisbee at PetSmart and they love playing with it. They haven't learned to catch it in the air yet, but I'm sure they will. Katy almost caught it a couple of times this afternoon.

Ron has been working on the pool, which was sadly neglected while he was gone. I scooped out lots of leaves and acorns, but didn't vacuum it or brush the sides.

Ron leaves again on Monday for another week away, then the following week is Thanksgiving week, and our Grands from Spring will be here. Yay! I love Thanksgiving and having all our kids and grandkids here. Josh already bought our turkey--a 24 pounder!

Now I'm looking forward to Mass with Ron and Mom tomorrow, then a spaghetti dinner at Mom's. We usually take her out for lunch after Mass, but sometimes she enjoys having us for dinner at her place. :o)

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

It all sounds pretty peaceful and fun. Good for you...