Thursday, December 3, 2009

Snow In The Forecast!

Our weather forecast for Friday afternoon includes SNOW! We have lived here for 18 years, and it has only snowed once in that time. I sure hope it happens, because there are a lot of excited people hoping to see a few snowflakes, and one little four year old boy who really, really wants to make a snow angel like Little Bear does in a video he watches.

I went to The Children's Place this afternoon, and bought cute striped knit hats, sweaters and mittens for Reece and Aubrey. Oh, and a pair of jeans for each of them, too. You know, to get ready for the snow. :o) Reece hates to have anything on his head, but I'm hoping he will wear the hat. I got them each a little penguin, a boy for Reece, a girl for Aubrey, and they are wearing striped knit hats and scarves, so maybe Reece will want to look like his penguin.

2 comments:

MentalMom said...

We're really hoping we get to see some snow. Of course, my big two, who can remember living where we would have 3+ feet on the ground are all 'so what, 1/2 an inch?' but my youngest two have never seen it and Ben doesn't remember it. I thing I am more excited then the kids, I really miss watching and listening to snow fall. One of my favorite sounds in the whole world is the heavy, wet, silence of snow falling. Love it, miss it.

Kalona said...

I do hope we get some, K, but only for a day or two. Growing up in Kansas, I remember the misery of getting around in cold, windy, snowy, icy weather. I don't miss that! I'd like to go to Colorado for a week or two and get my fill of snow there. I love our "warmer" Texas winters. I've become a wimp in my old age. :o)