Sunday, May 24, 2009

Welcome, Baby Camryn!

Camryn was born at 6:44 PM yesterday, May 23. She weighs 4 pounds 8 ounces, and is 18 inches long (bitty baby). So far she is doing great! Her apgar was 9.9. Her temperature and blood sugar are staying within the normal range. Her pediatrician was there this morning and said that she is very strong. She is nursing and eating well (breast fed, but on supplements to help her gain weight) and has already had 2 poopy diapers. Yay Camryn!

In all the excitement I left my camera at home, but the kids had theirs and I took some pictures. I'll have to get their camera, though. Josh took a few with my phone, but you can't really see her. She has no fat on her. Her eyes, ears and nose look big on her tiny face, but I'm sure her head will catch up with her features soon. She has dark hair.

Cyrise is doing well, and is over the moon about how well Camryn is doing. Ron and I are taking Reece and Aubrey to see her this afternoon. If all continues to go as well as it is now, they will be able to take her home tomorrow!

Thank you all so very much for your prayers. And a special note for Angela--you were praying just as she was being born! Your comment on the last post was at 6:40, and she was out into the world at 6:44. I love that! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

4 comments:

X said...

CONGRATULATIONS, GRANDMA!!!!! I wish I could be there to hug you but it seems my prayer is your hug!

Did you request a patron saint for Camryn? I would be more than happy to pray for one to step forward.

Congratulations again!

Kalona said...

Thank you, Angela. You could not have given me a warmer hug than your prayer during her birth.

I would love for you to help us find a patron saint for her. Thank you!

X said...

Kalona - I am excited to let you know that Bl. Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, is Camryn's patron saint!

Kalona said...

Oh, what a beautiful choice, Angela! Thank you for doing that for Camryn.