Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Wednesday Already?

Reece was here last night. I brought him home with me yesterday after watching him and Aubrey in the afternoon. Cyrise had more contractions yesterday morning and had to go back to the doctor again, but all is well for now.

Reece is a co-sleeper, and even when he's asleep he has to be touching me. It's as if he has a built-in radar system; if I move or get up, so does he. So 10 minutes after I got up this morning, I heard the thump thump of his little feet and then his sweet voice calling, "Gramma!" I had just started Morning Prayer when he came in. I pray my Living Rosary decade in the car on the way to Mom's, and we pray bedtime prayers when he is here. He listens closely, but usually doesn't say anything. This morning when he heard me praying, he said, "Amen!" as he climbed into my lap. :o) I love this kid.

Mom had a dentist appointment this morning, so I took Reece home earlier than usual. Mom was supposed to have the impressions done for her new partial (the first one wasn't acceptable), but last Friday when I got to her apartment she said she had two loose teeth. It turns out another front tooth was broken at the root. The tooth next to it was attached to the broken tooth and just sitting on her gums--a purely cosmetic fix done some time in the past. The dentist suspects that that tooth was broken at the same time as the first one (the one that started all this), but it didn't show up on the x-rays because it was a hairline fracture that finally broke. I'm not sure what happened, but I'm wondering if the dentist might have broken the tooth 3 weeks ago when he pulled the roots and stub of the first one. Anyway, they will have to add 2 more teeth to her partial (for $600 more). Today he pulled the broken tooth (which also removed the cosmetic one). She will have to go back again for the impression when her gums have healed, then it will be another 3 to 4 weeks before the new partial is delivered. Bless her heart, she's been so patient and now another delay.

I ran to the store to get soft foods for her to eat for the next day or two. Gave her a couple of Tylenol before the anesthetic wore off and headed for home, stopped for gas at Costco and now I'm having leftovers for lunch. I'm on my way to physical therapy in a few minutes.

No comments: