Saturday, May 30, 2009

Saturday Smiles

What a nice Saturday we've had! Papa and Reece went to the grocery store while I went to see Mom around noon. Mom and I sat outside on her patio and visited with one of her neighbors, then took Teddy for a walk and talked with some little girls who wanted to play with Teddy. They were visiting their grandmother.

This afternoon, Josh and his family came over for a spur-of-the-moment cook-out. They brought riblets, potato salad and macaroni salad. Our contribution was bratwurst, green beans and rice.

They arrived around 4 PM. Reece and I were in the spa, and Papa had already gotten the grill going. Aubrey joined me in the spa while Reece and Josh played in the big pool.

We stayed in the water until Papa had the meat almost ready, then everyone got out to eat. By then we were famished! Reece wanted to be outside, so he and I ate at the table by the pool. Everything was so good, and Reece and Aubrey liked everything.

Camryn slept the whole time. She looked so cute in a little orange premie hand-me-down that used to be Aubrey's. :o)

I know the kids will sleep well tonight after "swimming." Fresh air, sunshine and exercise makes tired little ones, and tired Gramma, too.

No comments: