Wednesday, May 20, 2009

God's In His Heaven...

Some days the world overwhelms me, usually when I've been watching or reading too much about the news.

I feel sick about the Notre Dame scandal and that 50% of "Catholics" supported (and still approve of) Barack Obama, despite the fact that he is the most anti-life president in history. It makes me sick that an 80 year old Catholic priest was arrested on the campus of a CATHOLIC university because he protested giving a pro-abortion president an honorary degree, while that same pro-abortion president is given a standing ovation by 90% of the graduating class at that CATHOLIC university. What is wrong with this picture? (Everything).

Not to mention Nancy Pelosi, swine flu, gay "marriage", the economy and all the usual crime and chaos that happens every day.

Then I walk outside and the sky is the most beautiful blue, the air calm and cool, and filled with the scent of the Asian jasmine in bloom under our live oaks in the front yard.

I pray the rosary on the way to Mom's, and a peace comes over me.

I take a nap in the afternoon, and wake up refreshed and ready to bring Reece to spend the night.

We go for a walk around the block, and he finds all sorts of things that interest him and carries home three acorns, a rock and some ball moss (which he calls hair).

We play with his Lightning McQueen stuffed pillow car and some other cars while the movie Cars plays in the background, then we sit at the table and make funny things with Play-Doh. We watch some Pingu videos, talk about haircuts, cats, tigers, bears and dragons, read lots of books and count pennies as he puts them into the piggy bank before bedtime.

Reece falls asleep within minutes of turning out the light, snuggling against me, and I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that this is what matters. And I don't feel so overwhelmed, 'cause this I love and all's right with the world. :o)

No comments: