Thursday, May 28, 2009

Great-Gran Meets Camryn

Another busy day. I've been gone all day, but it was a good day. :o)

I picked up Mom about noon, and we went to lunch at Chipotle, then went shopping for baby things for Camryn. Mom got her the sweetest little gown and some pretty receiving blankets. Not wanting to leave the other kids out, she got Reece some dinosaurs (he's into them lately), and Aubrey a pretty pink and blue ball. They loved their new toys. :o)




I wish I had a picture of Mom's face at the moment she saw Camryn. She drew in her breath and looked at me in amazement, hardly believing how tiny Camryn is.

She held Camryn on her lap the entire time we were there, gazing at her and holding her little hand. She unwrapped her to look at her whole body.








You can get some idea of her size by looking at her beside Aubrey's Glow Worm. Their faces are about the same size!

We stayed about an hour, enjoying the kids and how Josh and Cyrise are such calm, relaxed parents.

I took Mom home, then went back to Josh's to watch the kids while he and Cyrise went shopping and to get something to eat--mostly just so they could get out for a bit.

Aubrey went to sleep right after they left and napped for an hour. Camryn woke up and I got to feed her a 2 ounce bottle of breast milk. She's a good little eater! Reece and I played with his dinosaurs and play-doh and watched Little Bear.

When the kids got back they filled Reece's little pool in the backyard so that he could play in the water, and Josh and I went to the mall. I had promised him I would buy him some summer clothes for his birthday, and we had not had a chance to get them, so that's what we did.

It was after 7 PM when I finally got home. I'm going to crash pretty soon. My summer cold has returned and I feel kind of yucky. I think we're all passing it back and forth.

Teddy has an appointment to be groomed tomorrow, so I'll have to pick him up at 8 AM. He will be at the groomers until around 1 or 2 PM. We've had temps in the 90s lately, so he will be glad to get rid of some of that hair!

Ron gets home tomorrow, but leaves again next week. He's been traveling so much lately.

1 comment:

X said...

She is perfect - like a little jewel.