Monday, May 4, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook

Monday, May 4, 2009

Outside my window...
Cloudy skies, green trees and grass, a mockingbird.

I am thinking...
that I don't want to go to PT today, but I will anyway.

I am thankful...
that the doctors were able to stop Cyrise's labor so that the baby has more time to develop before she is born.

From the kitchen...
a pork roast, green beans and roasted potatoes for dinner tonight.

I am wearing...
dark blue denim capris, a red v-neck tee shirt, bare feet.

I am creating...
Kelly sent me a link to a site that shows how to make little boxes. We bought some pretty paper at Big Lots last week, and she said it is perfect for the boxes. So I think I'll try making a few.

I am going...
I went to watch the kids for a couple of hours this morning while Cyrise went to the hospital for her steroid shot.

Then I went to Mom's and took the contract for the sale of her house for her to sign. She said she didn't know whether to be happy or sad about signing the papers. I told her to be happy. :o) By the way, thank you for the prayers for the sale of her house--they were answered fast!

I came home and had yogurt and crackers for lunch while I'm on-line.

I have PT at 2:45. It takes about an hour, so won't be back home until close to 4 PM.

I am hearing...
the sound of the saw in the garage. Ron is off today.

Around the house...
clutter!

One of my favorite things...
baby breath.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
Lots of appointments. I have an appointment with the diabetes foot doctor tomorrow. No problems, just a yearly exam. Mom has a dentist appointment on Wednesday. Cyrise sees her OB again on Thursday (he is seeing her weekly now). And I have PT today, Wednesday and Friday.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing.


Maggie in her favorite spot at the top of the stairs. She can see everyone coming and going. I like the way she hangs her paws over the edge. :o)

Read the daybooks of other bloggers at Peggy's.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Just catching up on all your blog posts! I'm so glad Cyrise is doing okay. It's also good news to hear Gran's house SOLD! Yay.

I used the stationary bike today for about 35 mins (going to work up to an hour while watching T.V.). :-)

I also made a BUNCH of those little handmade paper boxes. Ended up raiding the pantry for cardboard boxes and made some more. I made a teeny tiny Pocky box, a Honey Bunches of Oats box and a Crab Boil box with tops for all of them! Pretty darn cute.

Kalona said...

Hi Sweetie. I'm so glad you're finding the bike useful. :o) I want to see the boxes--please send pics. The food boxes sound really cute!